Sunday, March 6, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Delirium by Lauren Oliver





Published: February 1, 2011





Publisher:HarperTeen





Source:Present for Valentines Day





5 out of 5





Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:


Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love, the deliria, blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens recieve the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But with ninety- five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Review:
This book definately deserved a 5 out of 5. I have heard so much of how beautiful Lauren Oliver's writing is, but I have never been able to put my opinion in since I have never read any of her books. I have to say that I agree 100%. Her words are phenominally woven with breath-taking characters and a strong plot. This book ended with me being mad, and I was as confused as Lena at the end. I AM so glad that there is going to be another book coming out, the only bad thing is that it isn't coming out till next year. I know I will certainly stick up for the author and this book because they both are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment