Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness


Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness



Published September 28, 2010




Publisher Candlewick Press




4 out of 5 stars


Source: Christmas present



Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads;

"War," says the Mayor. "At last." Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chances of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they're hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monster of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge.

Summary:

This book was just an exceptional story that I seemed to take forever to read. I know that is horrible, but I ruined my experience by reading a spoiler (that WAS NOT even correct)! I know scoff at them too for being a spoiler and a person who cannot get the facts right. Oh, how I love Todd. Hey is just what makes the Chaos Walking triology pretty awesome along with the Mayor and his twisted mind. This book was really, really awesome! The ending makes me respect and want to give Patrick Ness a round of applause. The ending was an ending that was mostly definite and leaving it up to your imagination. I just want to say that the review that I read with the spoiler makes me wonder if that person even read the book because Patrick Ness gives you doses all along with the story so you know what is happening with Todd at the end, and Patrick does make sure that you do know what will happen beyond the last page. I do RECOMMEND this book to everyone. IT IS THE BOMB!!






No comments:

Post a Comment