Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce


Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Published:June 7, 2010
Publisher:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Source:Bought
4 out of 5
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris - the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.
Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend - but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they have worked for?
Review:
This book was an entertaining, twist on a fairytale. This book I think did not live up to my very high expectations. Those expectations came from me watching Jackson Pearce's Youtube videos. I do not know why this book did not meet those expectations of mine, but some reason it just didn't. That doesn' mean that is wasn't a book that was cute and unique in it's way. I loved how Scarlett was so focused on making the world safer for those who weren't aware of the Fenris. I also loved how she gave the werewolves a name, Fenris. I think that it was very cool how all of the Fenris were all a certain kind of person. I have to say that I very much did not like the end of the book because of what Rosie did. I do recommend if you like twists on fairytales and killing of Fenris. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment