Monday, February 7, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Published: January 11, 2011

Publisher: Razorbill

Source: Bought it

5 out of 5 stars!

Synoposis courtesy of Goodreads:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.
Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Review:
This book is just wow. It is such a mix of so much genres that it is really mind blowing that the author did as well as she did. I just want to say that on an earlier post that I had a guess of how was killing the frozen people. Well, I just would like to say that my guess was right, and that kind of made me disappointed. Now that I remembered that I now put it 4 stars instead of 5 because I was thinking of the book afterwards, and yep so that is that. I really liked this book all around. I really felt for Elder, but I kind of didn't care for Amy that much. Amy was just kind of I don't know um I guess the word to describe her was an underlying winy (is that how you spell it?). Sorry that my review is just kind of everywhere, but yeah what can I say it is 11 P.M. right now so yep. I just have like three more things to say on this book. I kind of liked how Eldest said that Hitler was a great leader (which isn't a good thing to say, but I thought it was a kind of cliche or whatnot because Eldest thought he was a great leader too, but as we all know that he isn't at all like Hitler.). Sorry for the run on sentences. The next thing I have to say is that I liked how the author was able to hide so much of what was going on. The last thing is . . . What are you waiting for?!?! Go out and buy this book now!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment