Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Ask and The Answer

This Review probally will contain spoilers of the first book in the Chaos Walking Triology (which I have reviewed). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Mwahahahaha . . .

-The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness
-Published September 7, 2009
-4 and a half out of 5
-Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads;
Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd has carried a desperatley wounded Viola right into the hands of their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss. Immediately seperated from Viola and imprisoned, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor's terrifying new order. But everything is shrouded in secrets. Where is Viola? Is she even alive still alive? And who are the mysterious Answer? And then one day, the bombs begin to explode.
Review:
This book started just a few hours after the last one left off, and oh, I tell you that I hated or very much disliked the ending of the last book. It made me really mad. It almost made me mad enough to through the book across the room. I like how the author can unravel a few secrets and make you think that he just gave all of them away, but nope just a page later there is yet something else that he brings up (he makes you need to know everything and then some). The pace in this book was much faster than the last. I will have to say that I was suprised what the Mayor (or as he would like to call himself President) made Davy (Mayor's son if you don't know already lol) and Todd do. I kind of liked to hear Viola's point of view in this book, it added a whole new spectrum of thoughts and ideas). In the book before I really didn't care much for Davy, but in this book I kind of grown to like him. (if you read the triology please tell me i you liked Davy as much as I do and I want to find out about him *I am really dieing to be a spoiler person) I guess that is my review loved this book as much as the first. The only reason I gave it 4 was because I remember not liking something(I can't remeber due to the fact it is late and I am about 200 pages in on "The Monsters of Men".

No comments:

Post a Comment