Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
5 out of 5 stars!!!
Published:August 1, 2010
30th book for 100 book challenge
Synopsis (courtesy of Goodreads):
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey - ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
This book I have been wanting to read since I read the first. I have just recently been dieing to read it because of cheezy feets teaser of it and review (sorry if I spelled it wrong, I stink at spelling). I was super excited when I started to read this book. Thank goodness I am on break from school because I couldn't stop reading it, and that resulted in me not going to sleep till 3 in the morning (I still wasn't finished and that made me cranky :) ).This book was not a disappointment at all. I was so glad that it ended like it did. I kind think that Sage could have been an awesome character if he would have lived, I wish that he did live. I absolutely loved Ash, he was the my ideal knight and shining armor (well, second two Jace). This book was just awesome overall; the character were all strong and well-defined (I guess that is how you put it), the plot was really good (it was never slow at all), and um the (couldn't think of anything else. oh well, I thought that it would be nice to add a third thing too, and this is all I could think of) cover of the book WAS FANTABOLOUS. (is that how you spell a mixture of fantastic and fabulous).
That is my review on this excellent book. I just did notice that I use a lot of these things ( ). That is okay though, it is just how I show my extra thoughts. Thanks for reading this. I believe you should expect lots more of reviews to come I have to get to reading to reach my goal of 100 books. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment