Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Beautiful Darknessby Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Published October 12, 2010
5 out of 5 stars
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed.
Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of poweful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.
Sometimes life-ending.
Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.
Review:
Wow! What to say? What to say?? Before, I started to read this awesome book I read some reviews. A lot of people said that it was an up for Ethan and a down for Lena. Which I kind of agree (well barely). People also said that Lena was annoying in this book. I have a few things to say about those two things that I saw in a ton of reviews that I saw. Lena didn't really seem annoying till around page 300. Even then she didn't really get on my nerves. I guess to me it seemed like when they explained why she was annoying that it kind of just washed all of annoyance at Lena disapper. On the thing about this book was an up for Ethan, I agreed full-heartedly that it was a major improvement on his part. On the Lena it was a down in this book, it was something I really couldn't decide if it was an up or a down because she just wasn't there.
I think that this book was just really awesome. I think that everything that happened just kind of seemed like it should. I believe that only one thing got on my nerves, is the thing about the moons getting kind of old. I mean it isn't yet, but if they put 18 moons song or whatever it is into the next book it really is going to get on my last nerve. I believe that is about all.
-Plot:Awesome
-Characters:Fantastic (especially Ethan and Macon)
-Anything and Everthing else:totally made me speechless and awe-struck (this book makes me wish I was as brilliant author as Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment