Friday, December 17, 2010

Gone by Michael Grant


Gone by Michael Grant
Published July 1, 2008
5 out of 5 stars
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappers. GONE.
Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not
adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as
suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no televison. No way
to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.
Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks.
Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing,
developing new talents - unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers -
that grow stronger by the day.
It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is
shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak.
Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your
birthday, you disappear just like everyone else.
This book had everything that I think that a great book should
have. It had some witty lines, a real hero, a crazy bad guy that is
out for blood, and an evil maniac that can take over a city. I loved
Sam. I mean who wouldn't he is a hero. I tried as the book moved
on to try and predict what would happen but for some reason
my guesses never came close to what actually happened. The book
had an awesome story and just plain awesome. I guess you could
say I was blown away with this book. I cannot wait till get the next
book.
I just want to say thanks to my first subscriber, so thank
you lots. I have now read 28 books for my 100 book challenge.
Hehe. Thanks!!!!!!
that is it

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just saying thanks for visiting and following my blog, of course I'll follow yours! =]
    I've had this book on my shelf for ages... Just never got round to reading it. Maybe I will now I've read your review =]

    Have a great holiday season!
    Bella @
    www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so addictive about GONE isn't there? Definitely a page turner. I'm kinda scared to read the follow-up HUNGER because of the killer worms. Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's killer worms that is weird!!! Thanks for all the comments. I really like comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete