Thursday, December 16, 2010

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld




Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Published October 6, 2009
3 out of 5
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Prince Aleksander, would-be heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, is on the run. His
own people have turned on him. His title is worthless. All he has is a battletorn war
machine and a loyal crew of men.
Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She's a
brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered.
With World War 1 brewing, Alek and Deryn's paths cross in the most unexpected way
taking them on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure that will change both their
lives forever.
This book had characters that I thought didn't match their age. I think they acted much younger than they should have. This book for me was overall a good book. It had a bit of adventure just enough to keep me interested along with the many secrets there was. I know I put 3 out of 5, but I for some reason don't put halves on my ratings I have on top. This book I believe has deserved 3 and a half stars out of 5. I very much enjoyed the book at the end and do intend on reading the next one, but I have to say that after I finished the book I looked back on me reading the book and had to admit that not much happened in the book. To finish, I do recommend this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment